Friday, September 25, 2009

Razor minisodes

The minisodes that go in conjuntion with Razor are essentially the Adama flashbacks strung together with a bit more stuff earlier, and a flash forward to the miniseries at the end. As such, there isn't much to say about them. I like the little bits with Billy Adama before he gets in the Viper. I can see why they aren't necessary for Razor (and were shot by a different guy), but they add a bit more texture.

Ultimately, I wonder how I would have felt had I watched these before watching the miniseries. They are set before the miniseries (except for the very end), and I think I would have been more open to the show had this been the first thing I saw. If I ever watch the miniseries again (and that's a big IF), I will watch these first.

I noticed that we heard the screaming when he put his hand in the tank, but didn't see the people or the experimenting. Maybe these things were only put into the extended cut of the movie? I haven't watched the broadcast version, so I can't really comment on how much more is or isn't different.

No comments:

Post a Comment