Thursday, September 17, 2009

is this where I came in?

I'm still trying to figure out what the first BSG episode I saw was. I know that when I first gave it my test drive, it was in the third season. I believe I am fast approaching that point. The show had moved to Sunday nights at that point, as I recall, and so that would put it after "The Eye of Jupiter". I remember watching a series retrospective special on-demand so that I could catch up. Of course with so much information, I ended up just essentially confused, and hating the zoomy camera work. Watching new scenes was problematic -- "Wait, does Baltar still see a girl in his head? Is that her? Is she really there, or just in his head still?" 

I remember scenes from "Exodus, Part II", and I wonder if I actually watched the episode or not. I'm inclined to say no. If I did, it was on-demand. I definitely remember images of the Pegasus, and the little thing with the salt line on the hangar deck. Did I watch the whole episode, or were these bits in the clip show? In any case, I'm fast approaching the point where I first got acquainted with BSG, and after three or four episodes gave up on it. I'm really curious as to how I will react now. I most vividly remember going "Where's Starbuck?" so that probably has to do with her recent crash on the algae planet. It's funny looking back now. My biggest criticism at the time was the nauseating camera work, and that stuff is relatively tame in season three compared to what it was in the miniseries! Having tried and failed in the third season, I at least have the impetus to start over and try again. I think if I had seen the mini first, I would have completely blown off the series for good, like I've done with Smallville (seen maybe 40 minutes total; sorry, it's NOT Superman). Was "Rapture" my virgin episode, or was it a little later? All this has happened before, and it's all happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment