Saturday, September 26, 2009

He That Believeth in Me

They changed the pre-cap again! And it's drastic this time. I think I much prefer the one from season one. This one is solely about the 12 Cylon models. No longer is there any mention of there being a plan. I think they have finally resigned to the fact that there is no plan and never was. ...Though where The Plan fits into that scenario, I don't know. But I stand by my argument that there is no plan and never was.

The number in the main titles also seems drastically low. It's at 39,000+. Now, last time we saw it, there were around 41,000 survivors. So I'd like to know when exactly we lost 2000 people!

I was really annoyed by the Tigh shooting Adama fake-out. It's totally unnecessary for the episode, and I just thought "Again? Seriously? We've seen this!"

It seems the worship of Gaius Baltar is more extreme even than what we glimpsed in "Crossroads". They have their own little commune with a shrine to him! That seems really extreme to me. I suppose it could happen, but it just felt  to me like it rose too suddenly. I do like the return of the woman with the sick boy. The scene where Baltar lays hands on him and prays is very moving and well done. It's good to see people on television praying heartfelt prayers and not being mocked for it. Though I knew that, as in "The Hand of God", as soon as he said "take me instead" it would result in some attack on Baltar's life. This Cylon god is very literal, isn't he? But it's nice that Baltar survived his Sweeney Todd experience. Too bad he now gets all the credit for the miracle, rather than the god who granted the request.

Kara's return, complete with a brand new Viper bears a teeny tiny resemblance to the stories in the original series like "War of the Gods". In those episodes, when Apollo et alia returned from the Holy Kryptonian ship, their clothes and ships were all white and brand new-looking. This reinforces for me that Kara somehow went to the place "between life and death" and that the Leoban with her was some kind of angel being.

I like the exchange between Anders and Kara when he says he loves her even if she was a Cylon the whole time, and she says she can't reciprocate. She tells him if he were a Cylon, she would put a bullet between his eyes. It's great because you know she really would! Poor Anders, what will he do?

No comments:

Post a Comment