Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Farm

Well, to answer a question from a few posts back, yes the number of surivors in the opening does indeed change. And it also answers another question: it does include Cylons. Last episode there were four deaths, plus Boomer. And the number this episode is five less. 

Is it just me, or does it seem Starbuck is in hospital all the time?

So Sharon just stole the ship, flew around for awhile, and then came back? REALLY? I definitely don't trust her.

Anyone who watches any television could guess that the doctor would turn out to be a Cylon. In fact most of this episode's beats are predictable. She just got shot. They fixed the wound. Can I ask why that justified a pelvic exam?? If I were Starbuck, I'd be seriously questioning things right then. [EDIT: I watched the deleted scenes, and found out that there was a bit where Starbuck said, "A pelvic? For a gunshot wound? Are you kidding?" Why didn't they keep that in?!]

I pretty much don't like this episode. As it went on, I realized more and more that I'd seen this before; it's exactly like The X-Files. This is just Scully's abduction all over again, even down to the stolen ova. And also carries some of the same elements as Lost with the Others taking Claire. I get that at least it tries to explain away some of the inconsistencies of "the plan" from the first season, but I just felt like I've seen it before. It does tell us that at least some of the women left alive were taken here. Where are the other human males? We are told that the Cylons cannot reproduce biologically (that answers that question). And it continues to build that angle about love. But I still question why they need these farms and such when they could have done it undercover from the beginning. Are there more than one "love" experiment going on in the colonies, or is Helo the only one? Just the whole human/Cylon hybrid thing is the same story I've seen in like ten different X-Files story arcs and I just don't know that I like it here. Have those farms been in operation only in the months since the attack? Isn't that a lot of work? And IF it DOESN'T WORK, and IF we they know that SHARON IS PREGNANT, then why do they keep these experiments going??? It just feels like silly shock for the sake of shock. 

We were introduced to a new Cylon model at least. That makes what, four or five that we know of?

I hope the next episode is better. It's a two-parter, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment