Monday, August 24, 2009

Water

I've noticed that each episode so far has opened with something related to its title. "33" opened with the ticking clock, and here we see water dripping from Boomer's hands.

The two Boomers started making me confused at the beginning. I hope they find a way to differentiate them for us. Boomer claims she's blacking out, but how much does she really know? She seems to not want to believe she's the Cylon, but I think she knows she is. All this feels like it was a card played too soon. I'd have much rather Boomer's Cylon identity had remained a mystery for awhile, even while characters like Starbuck joke about her being the Cylon. That way it comes as a shock. Here, we're just biding time.

So... is Boomer responsible for their having been tracked before? Or was it the other ship?

Where is Boxey?

Helo and Sharon -- I'm calling the one on Caprica Sharon to differentiate -- Helo and Sharon reach her Raptor and find it crawling with Cylons. Um, since we know this Sharon is fake, and we know the real one took the Raptor, where did this one come from? Did the Cylons build it? Did they salvage it? Is it a hologram?

I'm glad they mentioned radiation medication, because I was wondering how long Helo could survive.

Here we learn conclusively that Baltar was lying about being able to detect Cylons. I'm confused as to what exactly they are. ARE they cyborgs? That is, is it an organic human frame with a computerized consciousness? Or are they in fact synthetic, as he implied in the miniseries? It seems to me there should be some easy metal detector scan or something to see if they are fake. We really need to know their true make-up here.

Oh wait! I've got it! Baltar can just have sex with people, and wait to see if their spines glow red! (tongue firmly in cheek)

It is becoming more and more apparent that the real protagonist of this series is Baltar. I don't know how I feel about that, but that's what I'm coming away with.

What exactly was Boomer's plan regarding that last explosive?

Am I really supposed to believe that the President's little note to herself even has the corners cut off?

President Roslin says Tigh was right about there being riots on other ships about water rationing. I'm disappointed that we always hear these things third-party. On the original, we actually SAW disgruntled civilians. I'd like to see the civilians again. It's a big difference between talking about something and actually seeing it.

Oh, the R & D animation changes every episode! Well, that's kinda fun I guess. It's like couch gags. I wonder how many they'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment