Monday, August 10, 2009

additional thoughts

these are just a few other things I've been thinking about...

Thirteen human colonies also seems to call to mind the thirteen original American colonies. The humans are in a war with an oppressive, robotic empire and are fighting for freedom to survive. 

If the Cylons are all robots, is there ever any way they can really be destroyed? Can't they just make more? If they were partially organic, then I suppose one could kill them all eventually, but not if they are all machines. I was unsure whether their leaders were machines, but in "Lost Planet of the Gods" Lucifer indicates that the present leader is a robot from the same series he is (why he doesn't blink and/or sound like Dr. Smith I don't know). But if this is true, then indeed they are all robots and ultimately unstoppable, and I'm not sure why fleeing to Earth will save them. Won't that just bring Cylons to destroy Earth as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment