Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spaceball

I wonder if Mel Brooks had this in mind when he named his movie Spaceballs. Could it be he was spoofing Galactica with that name?

We are told Xavier has returned to our time frame. So wait, was he successful in changing history? Why is everyone so blase about it? And if he wasn't successful, why did he return to the present? 

Sheesh, nobody ever watches these kids! Is Jamie just expected to always cart 12 kids to her assignments with her?

Are we supposed to believe they are all super intelligent too? I thought that just Z was a prodigy. Gravity certainly doesn't allow kids to read super fast. 

I know I'm not saying much about the episode's main plot, the stuff about baseball is pretty dumb and standard. I find it curious that this guy running the baseball camp has only one arm. I guess that would limit one from being a pro ball player.

I suddenly realized this... if there were really 200+ ships floating about very close to Earth, wouldn't SOMEONE notice? You'd be able to see some by telescope, right? At the very least some astronauts should know.

Lessons of the week: It's okay to cheat at baseball if the other team is mean and/or it will save a farm/camp/school.

No comments:

Post a Comment