Thursday, August 20, 2009

Take the Celestra

I love this title because it sounds like a medical prescription. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!" "Well then, take the Celestra and call me in the morning." Or we could say it Godfather-style: "Leave the gun. Take the Celestra."

Whaddya know, the opening narration is back!

After seeing Paul Fix in the credits, I was racking my brain to remember who he was. Then I realized he was the ship's doctor in one of the Star Trek pilots. I forget if he was in "The Cage" or "Where No Man Has Gone Before", but I think it was the latter.

At first, I thought we were really retreading Mutiny on the Bounty and in some ways it does. But the old Captain who's all about discipline is NOT really the bad guy here; it's his successor who's the real taskmaster. The Captain ends up helping take back the ship in the end. It's a nice reversal of convention.

It's good that we are exploring real problems that would arise in a convoy of over 200 ships. I'm annoyed on one hand that all these explorations come at the expense of Cylon absence, but whatever. It's a good episode that reminds us not everything works the same way it does on the Galactica. I also like that every ship has its own uniforms.

Almost to the end, and no real Cylons for many episodes. Will they appear in the last one?

No comments:

Post a Comment