Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down

I'm not sure it was a good idea to bring Tigh's wife into the mix. I don't know that it really helps anything. Did he believe she was dead? Is that why he burned her picture? By the way, you can tell the picture scene in the recap was re-shot with the new actress in the photo, since in the miniseries he clearly burned right through her eye, and here it was a bit below that. Though I suppose they had to do that, didn't they?

This episode finally answered a question that's been nagging me for some time. When Baltar and Six have sex in his imaginary house, what actually happens in the real world? The audience (and Kara) find out all too well when he is interrupted essentially humping his desk. My suspicions of masturbatory incidents was correct.

This episode is permeated with goofiness throughout, as per the above scene. Of course, the free-flowing ambrosia (yay! ambrosia!) helps this along. I don't know whether it was entirely a good idea to go this high comedy, but it's still a lot of fun. 

Okay, I get that it takes hours, but why does Baltar have only one set-up? Could he not use the same nuclear warhead to run several different tests at once? And again, since he's now testing everyone officially, isn't this the opportune time to let people know that Boomer is a Cylon?!

No comments:

Post a Comment