Monday, October 5, 2009

Revelations

I actually watched this some time ago, but haven't gotten around to writing about it. I'm still waiting for the season 4.5 DVDs to come back to the library so I can take them out (I know I could hulu them, but I'd rather the DVD), so I guess I've got some time before I see how these things are resolved.

Throughout the episode, characters talk about the "Final Four" in the fleet. In fact, the story hinges on those four Cylons showing themselves and going over to D'Anna's ship. But wait, I thought we established there were FIVE Cylons in the fleet! Last episode, it was all about the Final Five; now suddenly it's just the four? Who is the fifth, and why does he or she not need to show himself?

At least Tigh finally came out and said he was a Cylon. I respect him for suggesting they airlock him. I can understand why Adama couldn't believe it; because it is stupid. I hate that Tigh is a Cylon. Adama's suggestion that they did something to him while he was jailed on New Caprica is a good one! And I thought that the Final Five knew the way to earth? That's not what happened! In fact, their coming forward had very little to do with Kara's Viper. Unless it was only D'Anna's ultimatum which triggered the music again. Oh, and Tory had nothing to do with the Viper thing, so how does that make sense? They didn't even find out about Earth from the Viper; they just knew something was weird about it (by the way, I figured out pretty early on it would be something to do with the computer systems). Does the fact that it was KARA who figured out what was up with the Viper mean that SHE is the Fifth Cylon? It would make some sense; her resurrection and all. But I really hope that's not the case. 

It seems Roslin is grooming Lee to replace her as President. I'm sorry, I guess she's just decided on her own that the Fleet is no longer a democracy and has become almost a monarchy. She can just choose a successor? I hate Roslin now. I eagerly await her death.

Speaking of death, what about Kara Thrace being the harbinger of death?? That whole thread has still gone nowhere. I do not believe that this "Earth" is their final destination. I don't know what it is, but there are a number of things wrong about it. It doesn't gel with the Eye of Jupiter stuff, nor has Kara fulfilled her role as harbinger of death. Where is the beacon coming from that Kara's Viper picked up? Furthermore, the old series did the Earth fakeout with the Terra storyline, so I'm kind of expecting that now. Why is this Earth all blown to pieces? And a planet is a BIG place; isn't any of it habitable? Why did they land at an old cityscape?

There just wasn't much for me in this episode. A number of things that have been dangling along this season were sort of wrapped up, but mainly because they strain credibility by being left for so long. So it's good to get the Final Four out in the open. But that whole storyline still makes absolutely no sense and I stand by my statement before that the show jumped the shark with that reveal. I've heard the second half is better. I hope so. I know fandom is split on how good the finale was. We'll see. I'm just eager to be done with the series. ...Of course, we'll always have Caprica. 

2 comments:

  1. I googled "i hate roslin" and found your hateblog. nice one. i saw this episode just a few days ago, and, i thought the exact same thing as you did when that pointless character gave adama the presidencypost, wtf is it a monarchy all of a sudden? god i hate her.i hate the manuscript.

    yeah, there are ALOT of flaws in bsg.. not even frak is spelled with CK (in one episode it's written on the wall- frak..) still it works great as a time killer.. (and it's not HBO so what can you expect!)


    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting! BSG as a series started to get good, but has suffered a lot from missed potential and a desire to abandon sense while running after sillier plot threads.

    On the original series, Frack was spelled with a CK, so I've kept it that way. In one of my earlier posts I digress about it. I think it's in the season one summary.

    again, thanks for reading, and I welcome any further comments!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete